About Me

My photo
I have Fibromyalgia, OA and Depression. I am trying to raise awareness of these and other similar debilitating illnesses. Remember - They may not be able to see our pain, but YOU can feel it...and they can't prove it isnt there !!! YOU are human...YOU have rights...YOU have the right to be heard - TALK - SHOUT - DONT STAY QUIET - LETS MAKE THEM HEAR US !! All the content featured on this site belongs to me and permission for use of any of my photos, images, names or blogposts is required.

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Terrified but Determined

February 2012 seems to be the month of new beginnings for me.  New challenges, new friends and BIG LEAPS forward.  (& this new blog)
If you follow me on Twitter you will know I am a bit of a hermit during the week, I dont leave the house alone, and am scared of my shadow some days.

I was recently invited to meet with some fellow #Spoonies, and felt totally overwhelmed at the prospect of meeting several new people all in one go.  So it was decided I would, when ready, meet with 1 of them to see how I got on.
I was still totally terrified at the thought of doing this and have been putting it off.
Well, today, I had 2 little nudges... (I am a bit  "woo-woo"* - I am into crystals, Reiki & spirit guides) and after reading today's Goddess and receiving a reading which brought forth a 2nd one, it seems now is the time to take some steps.

Suggestions were that I should ease away from my isolation via my creativity and try to arrange a lunch or girly time.  So that's what I'm going to do.

If that isn't enough, I have also taken up an offer from a new friend (in the same goddess group) to receive some business advice.  I have been considering trying to be self employed, based around my photography / digital art for a few months now (what with the welfare reform bill, and my sheer desperation to be creative again) and day by day little pieces are slotting into place. 

For anyone genuinely interested in Spiritual (not religious) guidance, Please consider giving Amy Palko a follow:

http://www.facebook.com/amypalko

https://twitter.com/#!/amypalko

*"woo-woo"  To quote Amy and one of her wonderful blog posts:  http://www.amypalko.com/2011/11/woo-woo-closet/

No comments:

Post a Comment