About Me

My photo
I have Fibromyalgia, OA and Depression. I am trying to raise awareness of these and other similar debilitating illnesses. Remember - They may not be able to see our pain, but YOU can feel it...and they can't prove it isnt there !!! YOU are human...YOU have rights...YOU have the right to be heard - TALK - SHOUT - DONT STAY QUIET - LETS MAKE THEM HEAR US !! All the content featured on this site belongs to me and permission for use of any of my photos, images, names or blogposts is required.

Thursday 2 February 2012

Introduction

I have FMS and CFS. I am trying to raise awareness of these and other similar debilitating illnesses.
I was always a sensitive child...both to pain, sound and light. Looking back to times I can recall in my childhood, I remember being told I was a wuss, and "that couldnt possibly have hurt you, grow up".
I guess for a while I developed an inner and outer strength and I remember working in a bar at 20/21 yrs old, and being able to move beer barrels around in the cellar. Just after this however, was when I 1st experienced a 'bad back', and maybe this is where it all started/flared up from.
I was 34 before I finally got a diagnosis of FMS/CFS, after suffering for more than 10 years with increasing pains, reduced mobility, anxiety, depression and weakness.
I have my good days, but they are rare - I have my 'general days' and I have my bad days. General days are painful, stressful and tiring....bad days are the ones when I cant get dressed or even lift my cup without feeling acute pain in my hand and elbow, and almost dropping it.
My one wish - no, I don't wish for a miracle cure. Why you might ask ? Well, because what I wish for IS possible...if only the medical profession would take the time to learn.
My wish is for our GP's to understand what it means to have FMS/CFS/ME. Not Just our GP's, but those whom we may have to see from time to time for those benefit assessments etc. I know GPs get frustrated because they cant cure us, just as we get frustrated with them. They took an oath to heal people, and they can't heal us. In fact, sometimes they cannot even ease our pain. If only more GP's and other medical staff would take a little time to listen to us, to try to see through our eyes. DONT palm us off with meds that you gave the last 100 patients you saw...IM NOT the same as them. my symptoms may be similar, but that doesn't mean my body is going to react the same way to those meds. Consider the possibility that alternative remedies DO work....and dont dismiss our suggestions as whacky, unfounded or TOO EXPENSIVE !!!
Remember - They may not be able to see our pain, but YOU can feel it...and they can't prove it isnt there !!! YOU are human...YOU have rights...YOU have the right to be heard - TALK - SHOUT - DONT STAY QUIET - LETS MAKE THEM HEAR US !!

No comments:

Post a Comment