About Me

My photo
I have Fibromyalgia, OA and Depression. I am trying to raise awareness of these and other similar debilitating illnesses. Remember - They may not be able to see our pain, but YOU can feel it...and they can't prove it isnt there !!! YOU are human...YOU have rights...YOU have the right to be heard - TALK - SHOUT - DONT STAY QUIET - LETS MAKE THEM HEAR US !! All the content featured on this site belongs to me and permission for use of any of my photos, images, names or blogposts is required.

Tuesday 7 February 2012

The Daily Fail Strikes Again

Daily Mail (Daily Fail) Quotes
"Mr O’Shea claims the maximum disability living allowance, which is meant for people who have severe difficulty moving. But that doesn’t seem to have stopped him getting out and about.

In the past few years, the couple have taken holidays in Alaska, Canada and Australia."

AND ???  Whilst I don't exactly agree with Mr O'Shea continuing to claim benefit after winning so much money, (after all, he could afford so much better than a mobility car with just the interest alone on that sort of winning) it doesn't friggin mean that his disability should stop him going on fucking holiday !!!

"Now it is claimed — in The Guardian, naturally — that ‘two-thirds’ of disabled people have been subjected to abuse and threats of violence because of the Government’s plans.

Do you believe that? No, me neither."

"The mental health charity, Mencap, even squealed hilariously that moves to rein in the welfare budget ‘could lead to an increase in resentment against disabled people and even an increase in hate crimes’.

Oh, for heaven’s sake.

The purpose of the welfare reforms is to make sure that no one is better off living on benefits than they would be working and that incapacity and disability allowances are paid only to those genuinely unfit for work."

YES it it is supposed to be a system to support the genuinely sick and in need... NO it isnt working...NO the planned changes wont work... AND NO we are NOT better off on benefits BUT we have no fucking choice.  Our bodies are too sick to allow us to work... there are limited jobs available, (despite what Maria Miller would have us believe) and no bloody employer in their right mind is going to hire ME!

I cant guarantee when I can work, hell I cant even guarantee being able to get out of bed never mind dressed and leave the house.  I don remember anything that's said to me, I cry most days, I'm doped on pain meds, I have pain 24/7, I drop things, I have no strength oh yes and I don't leave the house alone - so are they going to employ my retired arthritic mother to come to work with me ?

NO  I didnt think so !!

As for not believing about the abuse the disabled are getting, I dare you to walk in  our shoes for a week! The stares, the looks of disbelief, judgement, tuts and laughter along with the jeering, cruel words and challenges when using my Blue Badge or a disabled toilet.  (Yes Ive experienced all of the aforementioned in recent months)

Feel the urge to read the full Daily Fail article click here:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2097403/Rollover-time-benefit-lottery.html#ixzz1leNB0T4u

1 comment:

  1. Yes I get stares for using disabled toilets because I look 'normal' and I will only use them when required ie queue for normal loos too long or back in spasm and I need the erm grab rails and extra space. I dont have a blue badge but I know the trouble my Mother in Law has, often having to resort to parent and child spaces because disabled spaces are full or in the wrong place (why are the parent and child spaces closer to the door?) and then having to argue with ignorant people because omg they cant get close enough to the door with there perfectly working legs grrr

    ReplyDelete